Town of Pocomoke, MD--
Are you looking for fun one-day trips nearby? On Maryland’s Coast, we love exploring and have found some of the best places to visit, even if you only have a day to do it! We love to share the beauty, beaches, history, wildlife, and more with our readers.
Pocomoke, Maryland, “The friendliest town on the Eastern Shore”, is a beautiful spot to visit with views of the Pocomoke River, tall Cypress trees, and exquisite wildlife that call the town home. Check out some spots you must see during your day off on Maryland’s Coast.
Attractions in the Town of Pocomoke, MD
Things to Do
- Pocomoke River State Park: The beautiful state park is 14,753 acres of loblolly pine trees, cypress swamps, and a diverse variety of plant and animal life. The word Pocomoke means black water, highlighting the great fishing and over 50 species of fish in the river.
- Delmarva Discovery Museum: The museum takes you back in time with immersive and engaging exhibits for all ages that show the culture, history, and river ecology of the town.
- Sturgis One Room School Museum: The Sturgis One Room School now preserves, promotes, and protects the history and cultural significance of the only African American One Room School in Worcester County that’s retained its original integrity.
- Flea Market 13 Antiques: An antique and car lovers paradise! Check out the huge variety of collectibles, used furniture, and treasures. On the weekends, stop by for various flea market items from local vendors and yard sales.
- Market Street Deli, best known for its delicious homemade soups and sandwiches, is opening an ice cream parlor next door to its location on Market Street.
- A new coffee and gift shop will be another addition to Market Street this summer.
- Another specialty store called Morgan’s Gifts will be opening on Ocean Highway.
- The town expands its reach with a new brand name business, Harbor Freight, coming to Newtowne Blvd.
Stay up to date with everything you need to know about Maryland’s Coast by subscribing to our newsletter here at the bottom of the page! We can’t wait to explore more with you!