America’s coolest small town, Berlin Maryland is bursting with charm and leaves a lasting impression on anyone who steps foot on Main Street. The artistically alive and eternally young town is famous for its locally-owned businesses and welcoming events. The Berlin hospitality will have you feeling like a local in no time!
Activities in Berlin
The locally-based shops in Berlin do not disappoint! Beautiful pieces from inside the boutiques will be calling your name through the window! Shops full of the latest trends, handcrafted jewelry, home decor, books, and so much more, make Berlin shops the perfect place to grab yourself a signature piece or browse for unique gifts.
When you’re in the Antique Capital of the Eastern Shore, you have to take part in some antiquing! With three large antique shops, there’s no way you’ll leave empty-handed. Search for treasures like collectibles, fine china, and furniture.
Whenever you’re planning to visit, check Berlin’s community event calendar! You’ll be in for a treat stopping by the weekly farmer’s market on Sunday! Great events like live music and classic car shows are a regular occurrence for this close-knit town!
Locally created art is one of Berlin’s many highlights. Don’t miss out on the elegant glass blown pieces, galleries, and handcrafted jewelry. For more about the coolest small town’s local art, click here.
Restaurants in Berlin, MD
Quick Bites & Coffee
- For the best high-quality coffee and a wide selection of pastries and breakfast sandwiches, On What Grounds is the local favorite!
- Custom made subs and daily soup specials are a staple meal from Main Street Deli!
- But for cheesesteaks, Pop’s Kitchen is the way to go!
- Blacksmith Bar & Restaurant prides itself on farm-to-table quality dishes and being a supporter of local suppliers!
- Introducing the best pizza you’ll ever have, stop by Burn Wood Fired Pizza and thank us later!
- Seafood lovers will drool over Crush-N-Crab’s crab cakes, crab legs, mussels, clams, and so much more!
- Whether you need desserts for a special event or you’re just craving some sweets, pick up some handcrafted pastries from Baked Dessert Cafe.
- For all the ice cream fanatics in your family, our homemade locally owned Island Creamery scoop shop in Berlin is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
- Rayne’s Reef Soda Fountain & Grill is a blast to the past with its creamy diner-style milkshakes.
- Burley Oak Brewery is a town favorite, bringing locally brewed beer right next door!
- Sample wine and craft beer while shopping for gifts created by over 100 manufacturers! Sisters Wine Bar and Shop also hosts live music for fun and rhythmic nights!
- Combining local craft beer and fresh seafood of your choice? Yes, please! At Fins Ale House and Raw Bar, treat yourself to delicious clams, oysters, fresh fish, and shrimp!
Looking for more to explore in Berlin, Maryland? This tiny town packs a big punch with live music venues, art, and services for all! Check out BoxCar on Main, The Globe, and more for great entertainment. Nothing feels better than a fresh cut and sleek nails? Stop by Oh My Hair Salon and Main St. Nails for all of your beauty needs.
America’s coolest small town can’t wait to see you soon!